hypothetical(?) GPL problem

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jun 21 16:51:30 UTC 2001

 || On Thu, 21 Jun 2001 18:27:09 +0200
 || Klaus Schilling <pessy at chez.com> wrote:

 ks> There's no such thing as libraries being restricted from being linked against
 ks> commercial programs.

You mean proprietary, I guess.

Of course there are restrictions.  That is the whole point of having
the GNU Lesser General Public License.  However I won't use the LPGL
for any new projects.  I have been asked several times to change GnuPG
to the LGPL so that it will be possible to build "more customer
friendly GNU/Linux distribution".  Guess what they mean by this.

  Werner