The FSF Europe recommends: avoid SourceForge

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Mon Nov 12 13:55:56 UTC 2001

On Monday 12 November 2001 1:04 pm, you wrote:
> You have our best of luck for this.  Are you basing this upon the
> sourceforge code (from a year ago) ?

I hope not :)

I used to have to hack on a version of SourceForge about a year ago for an
employer, and it's appalling code. I personally believe that php is
incredibly difficult to program well, but I've seen much better code than
that of SF (I hope mine is better, anyway :).

It mentions that php will be used, perhaps with phpGroupWare?

It's worrying that company like VA {whatever} is going to base their whole
business on SourceForge: I don't really see that it's going to be able to
compete with the likes of StarTeam, etc., and it's certainly not the finest
codebase in the world on which to expand.

Cheers,
						Alex.