NDA's

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Oct 13 14:31:56 UTC 2001

John Peter Tapsell <tapselj0 at cs.man.ac.uk> writes:
> Basically I wasn't allowed to write a website (for a year) that "allows the
> user to enter username/password and then can customize the website"  I mean
> ... that is just about every website I've ever done.

That is a hard term!  I find it amazing that anyone would even try to
impose such a term on their employees, but I guess with the currently
depressed state of the Internet market, employers think that it is a
"buyer's market".  (I sometimes wish we'd waited a few more weeks
before recruiting, as it changes so fast and wasn't that easy when we
recruited.)

> I dunno.. I know this is totally the wrong place... but where do I go?

This is probably as good a place as any, but if I had the answers, I
might well be working there instead of having started my own company.
I wonder what the more experienced members on the list will say...

> I'm used to handling large projects from start to end, and hiring people,
> but if i go in a large company, there is no way I'd get to do that kind of
> stuff for many years.

Oh well, if we achieve World Domination as planned, then ask me again
in a few months... I've so many people that I *want* to hire, but we
need to get more orders in... any advice or help from the list on that
would be quite welcome too.  ;-)

--
MJR

Do you need advice about the Internet or particular net services?  Why
not talk to my employers?  See http://www.luminas.co.uk/ for details.