article on GPLv3, Linux kernel, and Devices Rigged to Malfunction

Andreas K. Foerster list at AKFoerster.de
Mon Oct 23 12:54:16 UTC 2006

Am Montag, dem 23. Okt 2006 schrieb Ben Finney:

> > OpenBSD seem to have been measurably more successful in opening up
> > wireless drivers than Linux, and their license doesn't even require
> > copyleft.
>
> This is true. You are probably right that the effectiveness of free
> software copyright holders in getting free driver information from
> vendors is more to do with personal attributes than kernel copyright
> license.

I think it's also a good idea to establish a kind of public pressure.
A website, which tries to do that is
http://www.vendorwatch.org/

I think, it was set up by the OpenBSD people, but I'm not sure.
It is a Wiki, so everybody can help with it.

--
AKFoerster