Project hosting using free software (was: Google Code Hosting)

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Fri Oct 27 05:38:26 UTC 2006

On 27-Oct-2006, Andreas K. Foerster wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, dem 26. Okt 2006 schrieb Simon Morris:
> > I know that there were some "freedom" problems with Sourceforge in
> > recent history [...]
> > Are these concerns still valid and what are peoples thoughts on
> > hosting code with Googles new software project hosting service?
>
> AFAIK the problems are still there.
> The new Sourceforge Software is unfree, so is Googles.
>
> Alternatives, which are devoted to freedom:
> https://gna.org/              (Europe, France)
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/   (USA)

What about Berlios?

    <URL:http://www.berlios.de/>

They don't say much about the software they use for hosting, other
than it is "based on version 2.5 of the SourceForge portal". Does
anyone know if it's free software? What about all the rest of their
"platform"?

--
 \       "I always wanted to be somebody. I see now that I should have |
  `\                              been more specific."  -- Lily Tomlin |