FSF->beards(); FSF->female_participants();

Kim Bruning (seperate for lists) kim2 at bruning.demon.nl
Thu May 10 21:45:21 UTC 2001

On Thu, 10 May 2001, Pim van Riezen wrote:

> On Thu, 10 May 2001, Kim Bruning (seperate for lists) wrote:
>
> > So what's wrong with subverting these perceptions to our own goal? ;-)
>
> Nothing as such, but it's an agenda possibly bigger than that of promoting
> free software. Stating that the percentage of women working in the field
> would influence the state of free software would be sexist in a way; Since
> men and women are equally capable, the percentages should not matter,
> right?

Sounds fair to me. I'll rest my case here then.

Two things may still need to be discussed:
1. What do we answer if anyone asks "Why are there so few women in the
FSFE?"
(this is a marginally interesting question)

2. I want, nay, *demand* some kind of vindication on the beard thing!
Contrary to popular belief, we Bearded Programmers WIth Long And Messy
Hair(tm) are actually quite sane, ordinary people.
Bwahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

read you soon,
	Kim Bruning.

"Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations, and ages
it is the rule." -Friedrich Nietzsche