Commercial use of font with GPL licence

Lars fixedsys at moviecorner.de
Wed Oct 27 22:06:15 UTC 2004

Hi NSK,

many thanks for your answer.

> According to the best of my partial knowledge, GPL has some restrictions when
> it comes to linking with non-Free programs.
I read about this and the LGPL.

The font would be delivered with the non-GPL-software and and would be
installed in the font folder. The customer would be able to do it self
too: Download and install the font in the system. So I wonder if LGPL is
necessary here because the font is IMHO not linked... it's just
delivered with the software. Or do I misunderstand "linking"?

Thanks again,
Lars Naber