[Fsfe-ie] Videoshop Mark 2

Ian Clarke ian at locut.us
Fri Dec 5 12:06:32 CET 2003

Fergal Daly wrote:
> Small point - I don't think that calling an online video shop "innovative"
> is a great, it's less innovative than some of the patents we criticise for
> their lack of innovation.
>
> Can we make it clear that we don't think this is innovative, but similar
> obstacles would apply. Or we could just change to an example of how
> ridiculous any sort of web based selling is in patent-land.

It may not be innovative in technology terms, but it could be seen as an
innovative business idea if the market was right.  For example, E-Bay
was not the first online auction site, they weren't really a technology
innovator, but few would deny that they are a business innovator, not
because they were first, but because they were best.

Ian.