[Fsfe-ie] EU direcitves being rushed into Ireland before presidency

Ian Clarke ian at locut.us
Thu Dec 11 12:13:37 CET 2003

Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:
> So, do I suggest Ian Clarkes rewording for the definition of "protection
> defeating device":
>
>  "which has only a limited commercially significant purpose or use other
>   than to circumvent a rights protection measure to facilitate the
>   infringement of copyright law"

Does this sentence seem a bit clumsy to anyone else?  Perhaps I am just
a perfectionist.

What about:

"which has a limited purpose or use other than to facilitate the
infringement of copyright law through circumvention of a rights
protection measure".

I have removed "commercially significant" as I can't for the life of me
see what that phrase achieves.

Ian.