[Fsfe-ie] Letter about EUCD implementation

teresahackett at eircom.net teresahackett at eircom.net
Fri Dec 12 21:19:03 CET 2003

Hello Malcolm and colleagues,

It was nice meeting you last night. As promised, I have been in touch with the library community and have got copies of their submissions on the implementation. I'll see what points we might want to take up.
I suggest also that you take a look at the responses to the UK consultation on Art 6, which allows class actions by beneficiaries, and a (limited) exception for research into cryptography, using Recital 48 as their justification. I think we should also argue this.
http://www.patent.gov.uk/about/consultations/responses/copydirect/article6.htm
Will get back with text over the weekend.

Best wishes
Teresa
Teresa Hackett
NEW! 114 Cedar House