[Fsfe-ie] Topics for Wednesday gathering?

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Tue Jul 1 02:28:50 CEST 2003

So far we have eight people saying they'll turn up.

Do people have specific ideas or questions that they'd
like discussed?

One idea I'd like to discuss at the meeting is
starting an Adopt-an-MEP project.  (The idea is ripped
off from stand.org.uk.)

Each of our 15 MEPs would get individual attention
and the work would be spread out enough to fit into
most peoples schedules.  Some people already have
specific MEPs that they are in dialogue with, this
won't change, but MEPs who are not being contacted
could be assigned to people.

The good arguments and responses could be coordinated
on the list.  The project will be open to all people but
it's easiest to get things started with a face to face
discussion (I think).

The EP patents vote is happening on the 1st of September
but MEP holidays and annual slow periods mean that we
really only have three useful weeks.  The next two weeks
are among the useful ones, I'd like to see them used
as effectively as possible.

That's something I'd like to talk about.
Anyone else got issues they'd like to discuss?

ciaran.