[Fsfe-ie] WikiWikiWeb

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Mon Jul 7 13:28:35 CEST 2003

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 09:40:12AM +0100, Aidan Delaney wrote:
>Adam Beecher kindly set us up the Wiki.  Now all your WikiWords belong to us.
> It's at
> 	http://beecher.net/scripts/phpwiki/index.php/HomePage
>
> I'm not sure how we want to go forward with our web presence, but
> I'd like to see us with a sub-site from fsfeurope.org

fsfeurope aren't too keen on this.  The france.fsfeurope.org site
exists due to a disagreement on this issue at the beginning.
The general plan is to help set up national software freedom
groups and band them together on European issues.

> Though I like the idea of a .ie to give us a more national focus.
> Whats the Irish for Free Software?

soghluaistesaor.ie? (pig Gaelic, don't quote me on it)

How about an acronym, that we can give an english and an Irish
meaning to?

(other irish words for software:
oideas                                program
oideasra                              software
omhoideas                             computer program
(see: http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/gaeilge/foclora/abhair/riomhaire.html)

> I know I'm always banging on about
> translations into Irish,

It would be a good feather in our cap if we ever look for funding.