[Fsfe-ie] Patents: time to do something

Justin Mason jm at jmason.org
Sun Jun 22 00:07:34 CEST 2003

Ciaran O'Riordan said:

> The Foundation for a Free Information Infrastructure (FFII),
> together with the Green Party EFA have put together a good
> alternative proposal.  It's a good idea to point MEPs to this
> page:
> http://swpat.ffii.org/analysis/epc52/index.en.html

damn, I didn't see that page! :(   the ffii.org site needs a bit of work
on their front pages...   so is that the official FFII/Eurolinux
suggestion at the moment?  Where is the discussion occuring at the
moment?

I've emailed Nuala Ahern, Pronnsias De Rossa, Avril Doyle and Patricia
McKenna so far.  (email because I'm in the US these days -- but hey,
I want to be able to code when I get back to Ireland ;)

- Nuala Ahern responded straight away, with a very positive reply; good news.

- Patricia McKenna I mailed last week, and haven't received a reply (and I
  voted for her last time; guess I'll be voting for someone else next time
  around.)

- Pronnsias and Avril I've just mailed, so I don't know what the results
  will be.

Here's one example of what I mailed BTW.  Might be useful for reference.
Some could probably be updated with the latest stuff from above, but
fundamentally, urging the MEPs to support the Green position, or the
FFII/Eurolinux position, is the best advice IMO.

--j.