[Fsfe-ie] Draft rules

Glenn Strong Glenn.Strong at cs.tcd.ie
Wed Nov 5 18:43:59 CET 2003

On Wednesday, November 5, 2003 at 05:37 +0000, Aidan Delaney wrote:
> 	Sorry for the delay in replying
Hi Aidan, thanks for your reply.

> I've only 2 suggestions and 2 question
> 	a) That the name of the club be IFSO or the Irish translation
> (whichever one we agree on)

Yes - I was aware of the issue of an appropriate Irish
name for the group, but I didn't include it since the discussion was
ongoing. At this time I would suggest using IFSO and having an
"official translation" of the name. If necessary we can register more
than one name for the organisation (via an RBN form).

> 	b) An objective should be to encourage Irish language
> translations of Free Software.

This sounds reasonable to me, for an explicitly Irish group. The exact
goals are probably the most important and difficult part of the
constitution and I'll be taking another cut at them tomorrow (may not
get posted until Friday). There are a few problems with the rules that
I need to clean up anyway.

> 	c) instead of "promote Free Software in the
>        media, online and in daily activities" should we actually state
> promote FS in business, education and media?

I think I like your version better than mine.

> 	d) What's the time scale for this?

It depends on whether we can agree a final constitution in time, but
ideally we would do this at the next IFSO get-together (November
13th). That will hopefully allow us to launch ifso.ie in January. If
you think the constitution needs major surgery before being accepted
shout now (well wait until Friday for a revised draft - give me a
chance!)

--
Glenn Strong