[Fsfe-ie] Re: [Ffii-uk] Re: [Free-sklyarov-uk] Update on software patents

Bernhard Kaindl bernhard.kaindl at gmx.de
Thu Nov 13 19:53:50 CET 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Philip Hunt wrote:
> > (i) The meeting of the Competitiveness Council on November 27th.  This
> > is the last date for political agreement, if the Directive is to
> > complete its stages before the EuroParl elections next year.
>
> Incidently, whatever happened to the meeting that was going to happen
> on November 10th (Monday), according to
> <http://www.ffii.org.uk/council.html>?

I've no report from this meeting yet(at least the council should, but transparency
is something the council really lacks, this should be improved, I think).

On another list(it was it-parl of ffii.org), I've seen a Background Document of the
Press Service for Press People about the Nov10 Meeting:

http://ue.eu.int/pressData/en/intm/77852.pdf

The only patent related background information in it is about the community patent,
so this seems to indicate that software patents were not on official agenda of this
meeting, but I guess it might have been if we wound not have triggered this review
and let things go as the IP workgoup would have liked.

Bernhard
--
   "An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes
       which can be made in a very narrow field."