[Fsfe-ie] A fresh and accessable source for information on swpats in EU

Ian Clarke ian at locut.us
Sun Nov 30 13:57:52 CET 2003

Sorry if I am treading on any toes here, but does anyone else feel that
websites currently providing information on swpats in the EU are not as
accessable as they could be?

For example, http://swpat.ffii.org/ smacks of someone being a tad
over-enthusiastic when it comes to what can be achieved with <div> tags
and the "background-color" CSS attribute.  The result is a website that
is rather off-putting IMHO.

I would be willing to provide hosting on one of my (well connected and
well adminstered) servers for a cleaner site, possibly based on some
kind of user-editable CMS (<plug>such as
http://quickcms.sf.net/</plug>).  It could include facilities such as a
bug-tracker-style database for keeping track of efforts to persuade
politicians and such-like.  Since I have root on the server I can
install whatever is needed (within reason).

Since I have a billion projects going on, someone else will need to
undertake the grunt-work, but I could take care of everything up to
having a domain pointed at an instance of QuickCMS, others could take it
from there (adminstered via a user login on a debian box).

Any takers?

Ian.