[Fsfe-ie] software patents talks, video

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Thu Oct 9 18:51:14 CEST 2003

Hi all,
  On Tuesday night I gave a software patents talk at UCD.
Some more info and a video of the first 50 minutes is
available at:
http://www.netsoc.ucd.ie/talks/swpatent/

  It's a 268Mb .avi file, sound quality is good, but I'm
going to write a transcript in case some of it isn't
clear enough.  The transcript, and possible some alternate
file formats should appear at the above page soon.

  Thanks go to David Cathcart and the UCD Netsoc crew for
organising this event.  UCD Netsoc are kindly making a donation
to fsfeurope in return for my work.  This talk was the first
of 3 (or 4) such talks, info on the others can be found here:
http://www.netsoc.ucd.ie/talks/

ciaran o'riordan

p.s. More info on what has to be done for the next stage
     of the software patents directive is on the way.

--
Ciaran O'Riordan - http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/