[Fsfe-ie] For the record...

Malcolm Tyrrell tyrrelmr at cs.tcd.ie
Mon Sep 1 14:24:55 CEST 2003

Hi everyone.

Even though the e-patents proposal is being sent back for revision (or
whatever), I think we can all pat ourselves on the back for our efforts.
Ciaran, Aiden and myself mailed the "no e-patents" letter to all 102 UK
& IE MEPs. The final letter had 25 names on it, 9 from this mailing
list. The letter is likely to raise awareness even if it is slightly out
of date when it arrived.

Highlights:
* Ciaran: got to mail Ian Paisley!
* Aiden: got to mail someone called Den Dover!
* Malcolm: I got to mail Arlene McCarthy, advising her against her own
    legislation!

Well done everybody,

Malcolm.

P.S. Thanks also to Glenn Strong who helped me stuff some envelopes.