[Fsfe-ie] McCarthy report withdrawn!

Philip Reynolds philip.reynolds at rfc-networks.ie
Mon Sep 1 16:25:28 CEST 2003

Ciaran O'Riordan <ciaran at member.fsf.org> 0 lines of wisdom included:
> Everyone,
>   The software patents directive has been withdrawn!
>
> I'ts been sent back to the committee stage to be fixed
> because there was too much contraversy or too many amendments
> requested.
>
> It will go to plenary again after JURI do some more work on
> it.  Possibly september 22nd, probably early October.
>
> This kicks ass.
>
> Here's my source (I confirmed it with a phone call)

I received a mail back from Gerard Gibbons, (P. de Rossa's P.A.)
saying that it will be debated in EP on 22-25th of September.

"Just to let you know that as this issue is still being debated in
the EP, the Political Group leaders decided last Thursday to take it
off the agenda of this week's plenary session and to place it on the
agenda of the 22-25 September Session."

Some definate good news!

--
Philip Reynolds                      | RFC Networks Ltd.
philip.reynolds at rfc-networks.ie      | +353 (0)1 8832063