[Fsfe-ie] patents status withdrawl etc.

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Tue Sep 2 01:11:51 CEST 2003

I got a replay from Alex Macfie[0].

On the FFII lobbying of Irish MEPs, he says:

> It's co-ordinated by FFII, particularly those who are often in
> Brussels.

>From this, I gather that it is done via private mailinglists
and face to face meetings.  i.e. not openly.

He gave me the name of the Porturguese MEP that has tabled
the FFII mini-proposal: Jose Ribeiro e Castro.

He recommended signing up to the patents at aful.org list
<mailto:sympa at aful.org?subject=subscribe%20patents>

I've asked him whether we can coordinate our efforts or not.

In general, I get the feeling that coordination will not
be practical, FFII will not be sharing their info with us.

The conclusion I draw is that we just have to ignore the
activity of FFII and carry on our work independently.

This sort of non-community effort annoys me.  (All info
I receive off list is passed on to this list)

ciaran.

[0] Alex is an FFII person that mailed me out of the blue