[Fsfe-ie] The big amendment we want

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Tue Sep 2 19:17:02 CEST 2003

Right, I said that Jose R E Castro tabled the FFII mini-prosal.

It turns out that it was jointly tabled by fellow UEN MEP
Brian Crowley :)

Here's the text of the amendments in some formats:
http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/docs/uen_amendments/

If we can get this amendment adopted, we'll be on the
home straight.

Alex Macfie mailed me the amendment info earlier today.

What should we do?
I think a very small note to our MEPs would be good.
They know that many of us hate the current proposed
directive, but they don't know that we all support
this amendment, so a half-page mail/post/fax saying
"When we said NO, this is what we meant".  Might
be the best?

(we don't want them snowed under with long texts)

comments?

c.