[Fsfe-ie] patents status withdrawl etc.

Niall Douglas s_fsfeurope2 at nedprod.com
Thu Sep 4 03:45:51 CEST 2003

On 31 Aug 2003 at 21:13, Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:

> We should probably hold our action until we hear the details of the
> Mr.Crowley situation, I'll forward all info as soon as I get it.

I have had a long conversation with him by letter working through
conceptual points regarding patenting of software. He's a bright guy
and I'm pretty sure he could now make a good technical argument on
his own.

However, I have still offered my services to review JURI documents
and act as advisor to that committee. It's in no one's best interests
for JURI to propose another directive which will be knocked back to
it. However, given the ringing endorsement JURI gave the current
draft (it's full of very conservative types with strong connections
to big business), I'm not hopeful.

Cheers,
Niall