Fwd: Creighton: e-Patents and Financial Investing WAS Re: [Fsfe-ie] Summary of meeting #3

Adam Moran adam at diamat.org.uk
Mon Sep 8 03:40:58 CEST 2003

hi,

Minutes [Glenn Strong ] wrote:
>>>    - We should assemble a list of current amendments (as they come out)
>>>      - remove the proposer information (to remove any prejudice
>>>        that may be associated with the name).
>>>      - Identify each as a Yes/No for our position.
>>>      - Briefly discuss our reasoning for each decision.
>>>      Use these to indicate to our MEPs the kind of amendments we
>>>      would consider acceptable and unacceptable.

> Aidan Delaney wrote:
>> Ok.  But we still have to push the ideal that swpats are bad and we don't wan
>> them, full-stop.

this is the line with the stance i have been asked to adopt for this
group http://webarchitects.co.uk/ - my next email is going to be to our
local mp richard allen who has this blog
http://www.sheffieldhallam.co.uk/blog/index.php ... with the same
attachment as i have put on this one - laura creightons analysis is the
coherent argument of the small to medium size business

Minutes [Glenn Strong ] wrote:
>>>    - We could provide a "throwaway" web site
>>>      (e.g. irish-anti-e-patents.org) that we could direct
>>>      people to.

 > Aidan Delaney wrote:
>> It looks like I may be getting http://ifso.cs.may.ie, if that's any help.

if it would help we could set up a site on our servers which run
http://mkdoc.com/ - this would allow for multiple editors, rss import
and export, all the usual spiel - we could set it up at a temporary
domain until one was picked - Ciaran could blog away happilly until more
folk joined in  ;)  ... and we'd be able to re-purpose each others
content to suit firstly our mutual and secondly individual goals - my
guess its all the same goal in any case

strange how the same mode of production used for FLOSS is now our friend
again to protect it - you never know; there may be hope :)

--
adam