[Fsfe-ie] 1-page letter, faxes at the ready

adam beecher lists at beecher.net
Tue Sep 23 23:36:44 CEST 2003

> Thanks a lot guys, I didn't think it would all get done.
> Fingers crossed now.

Tab-delimited spreadsheet of Irish MEP fax numbers attached, for future
reference. Why are there two country codes? Anyone?

> Any criticisms about the content of the letter?

No, aside from the fact that these things would probably look better coming
from an "association" or somesuch, particularly in a case like this where
the MEP's are being hammered from the other side by associations,
corporations and professional lobbyists. There's no doubt that the personal
approach does work in some circumstances, but I think personal lobbying is
best used to /enhance/ an organised campaign.

Greenpeace and the EFF are perfect examples, and when you get right down to
it we're just talking about a few forms and a web-fax gateway, something a
bunch of techies like us should be able to procure and produce in a couple
of hours. Paying for the faxes in another matter. I've been trying to
organise FaxYourTD for ages but I keep running up against it -- looks like
we'll end up with premium-rated texts. Ewww. :(

adam