[Fsfe-ie] directive passed, summary

sean at odonnell.nu sean at odonnell.nu
Wed Sep 24 20:24:17 CEST 2003

I guess we need to read the eu reports from

http://www3.europarl.eu.int/omk/omnsapir.so/calendar?APP=PV2&LANGUE=EN

and

http://www3.europarl.eu.int/omk/omnsapir.so/calendar?APP=CRE&LANGUE=EN

when they are released tommorrow, find out exactly what is in and what is out,
and then lobby our meps again for the second reading, if that goes through
and we are happy with it we lobby the irish comissioner to accept it, if we dont
like it we try and get him to reject it.After that i guess its a case of seeing
what we can do as regards applying pressure on the patent convention
negotiations and having epo patents that dont match the new critiera invalidated.

One thing i would be very interested to know is exactly how did irish meps
vote on this yesterday, but i have'nt a clue where to get that info.

Sean