[Fsfe-ie] 1-page letter, faxes at the ready (IFSO, irish org)

Adam Moran adam at diamat.org.uk
Fri Sep 26 12:02:17 CEST 2003

hi,

Niall Douglas wrote:

> What's wrong with using this list? It was only created very recently,
> so we really can choose whatever direction we like for it. So long as
> it's generally about free software with an irish perspective, you're
> fine.

i agree that this list is a good as place for doing something as
anywhere - as for the 'irish perspective' bit, sure ... but the point as
to be to internationalise this action rather than confine it to state or
land boundaries

> You'll also find people like me prefer to join as few lists as
> possible.

snap, but i bet like me you're on quite a few lists that have
overlapping interests to this particular group - i think the task at
hand is to find a way of working with these groups more closely

the obvious example is [fsfe-uk] - i know ciaran cross fertilises this
list when ever he gets the chance - it would be good to co-ordinate our
efforts on one list

also, i've been making people here
http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/regions/sheffield/  aware of what's been
happening in the anti-patent debate - they (we) are very interested in
producing an article in support of this work -  my guess is that the
such a story would be adopted by the main uk site and perhaps the main
parent site thereafter - mainstreaming our activity has to be a key
issue - to me IMC seems the logical place for this given their strong
links with FLOSS and their organational aims

  > I would use "human rights" rather than "digital rights". After all,
> all we're asking for is not to be exploited.

i agree

--
adam