[Fsfe-ie] 20th anniversary of GNU annoucment on Saturday

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Fri Sep 26 19:45:04 CEST 2003

Hey all,
 Although the GNU projects birthday is the 5th of January,
tomorrow the 27th of September is the 20th anniversary of
it's announcement:

http://www.gnu.org/gnu/initial-announcement.html

 "So that I can continue to use computers without violating
  my principles, I have decided to put together a sufficient
  body of free software so that I will be able to get along
  without any software that is not free."

Organising an fsfe-ie drinking session would be hard since
most people have their weekends mapped out, but whatever
you're drinking, have one for GNU.

Ciaran O'Riordan.