[fsfe-ie] GPL really free (READ ME FIRST) sweeping change, the discussion,

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Mon Sep 29 04:31:58 CEST 2003

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 02:23:38AM +0100, Niall Douglas wrote:
> On 29 Sep 2003 at 0:35, Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:
>
> > Ok, this debate has gone off the rails.  The length and
> > content is unwieldy to most people.
[...]
> Hmm, I guess you won't like what I just posted. Sorry, my modem based
> connection sends email before it downloads what's new.

Holy crap! I nearly fell off my chair :)

> If you want it short, you won't get past me saying "GPL is bad" and
> everyone else probably saying "GPL is good". That gets no one
> anywhere except knowing what we've already established.

Right.  I think we can agree on this.
To All: End Of Thread. (please?) (no on-list response required)

> Back off list?

Yes.

Please remember that each mail sent to this list goes to 33
people.  We should aim to keep mails on topic (FSFE), readably
short, and when a thread is going nowhere - bow out.

Again, if people have any _Free_Software_ issues that are
unresolved, _and_they_think_are_resolvable_, start a new
thread.  A day off is a good idea first though.

--
Ciaran O'Riordan - http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/