[Fsfe-ie] Ms. Harney on Newstalk 106 tomorrow (Friday)

Ian Clarke ian at locut.us
Thu Apr 15 12:41:45 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 11:41, Éibhear wrote:
> There are many thousands of software-based patents in the US, some passing
> ridiculous and entrenching themselves right in the middle of sublime

I don't think "sublime" means quite what you think it means :-)
Generally, I think you might be using too many words.  How about:

"""
On Wednesday of this week, hundreds of software engineers and small
business owners protested in Brussels against the introduction of
Software Patents in the EU.  In September the European Parliament made
amendments and clarifications to a proposal to prevent it from
legalizing software patents, yet the European Council's internal working
party chose to discard these amendments.

Does the Irish Presidency recognise the risks to innovation and
competition in the software industry that software patents create, and
if so, why discard the European Parliaments efforts to address these
risks?
"""

Ian.

--