[Fsfe-ie] Software patents stifle invention and place an undue burden on small and medium enterprises.

Ian Clarke ian at locut.us
Fri Apr 16 11:38:42 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 11:23, Éibhear wrote:
> Unfortunately, we didn't

Oh well, at least we got the opportunity to pre-bake some questions
should we get a similar opportunity in the future.  I suggest those in
Ireland keep an eye/ear out for opportunities to phone in and raise
these issues on-air.  I think the key, as always, is to keep it short
and simple.  *fact* *fact* *question* is much more effective than *fact*
*fact* *opinion* *fact* *question* because then they can ignore the
facts you state while responding to your opinion.

> Shane Hogan, who contributes to the ICTE mailing list, *did* get to ask a
> question about the startling revelations regarding discrepancies in the
> pilot runs of the electronic voting system in 2002. Ms. Harney obviously
> wasn't prepared for that one and fudged her answer, in my opinion. Dave
> McWilliams handled it well for her by changing the subject once it became
> obvious that she didn't want to talk about it.

I think it is all about keeping up the pressure to remind them that
people do care about this.  You are never going to get a politician to
admit they are wrong or change their position on-air, the best you can
do is make them uncomfortable.

Ian.

--
Coordinator, the Freenet Project