[Fsfe-ie] The Sunday Business Post and the Live CD

Malcolm Tyrrell malcohol at eircom.net
Mon Apr 26 11:19:51 CEST 2004

> they're doing a Linux spread in about two weeks time (Sunday week I
> think, and I suggested they include a Knoppix CD with the supplement.
> I think if the IFSO LiveCD is ready to rock, it might be a nice
> inclusion (with or instead of) the Knoppix 3.3 ISO from the net.

That's very interesting. However, I might want to wait before
considering publicising the IFSO CD this widely. I've tried it
and, while it's really great (Good one, David!), I would have a few
reservations before doing what you suggest.
* We might be swamped with people looking for support. We're just not
  big enough and, besides, this isn't our core mission.
* It is a little over-branded as an IFSO production. Although it
  clearly states that it is "based on Morphix", I think that we might want
  to return one of their splash screens and include some more
  information about the precise relationship between our and their
  product.
* I don't think the IFSO CD has the Irish dial-up specifics (not that
  I know much about that stuff).

If they are looking for a CD image fast, I think the safer bet might be
to go for a standard Knoppix or Morphix image.

Talking about the CDs: They were all gone from the conference last
night. If anyone has the time and technology, could they burn a few
more. I'll collect them and drop them over, if necessary.

Good luck,

Malcohol.