[Fsfe-ie] The Sunday Business Post and the Live CD

Ian Clarke ian at locut.us
Mon Apr 26 14:42:13 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 11:41, Ben North wrote:
> Who would count as "distributing" the software from the point of view of
> complying with the licences?

Whatever we do, lets get proper advice on this before discussing it with
the newspaper since it would be a shame to scare them off unnecessarily
if we suggest they may have obligations that they actually don't have.

IANAL, but I would guess that provided the source code is *available*
(ie. downloadable from the Morphix website), then it doesn't really
matter who it is available from...?

Either way, we should contact someone at the FSF to get a clear answer
if there is even the slightest uncertainty over this issue *before* we
raise it with the newspaper.

Ian.

--
Coordinator, the Freenet Project