[Fsfe-ie] The Sunday Business Post and the Live CD

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Mon Apr 26 16:50:15 CEST 2004

> Just FYI, Knoppix includes non-free software. Because of this policy
> IFSO shouldn't be pushing Knoppix over Morphix (if my information on
> Knoppix is wrong, please correct me).

Knoppix indeed includes proprietary software, but a free software
knoppix exists:
http://live-gnu-linux.infodrom.org/

Morphix contains trace elements of proprietary software (nvidious
drivers), and it has MPlayer which is legally cloudy for some reason,
but it has a "morphable" configuration which makes it possible to remove
the proprietary traces.

Also, just now I've noticed there is a live GNU/Linux for media activists:
http://dynebolic.org/

--
Ciarán O'Riordan
http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/