[Fsfe-ie] Ireland rejects evoting?

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Fri Apr 30 16:16:49 CEST 2004

I always feel out of the loop when I find out about Irish stuff via
slashdot, but here's the scoop:

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/04/30/1254226&mode=nested&tid=126&tid=172

eviron.ie says:
http://www.environ.ie/DOEI/DOEIPub.nsf/6fb57b90102ce64c80256d12003a7a0d/da7e7190b31d99db80256e86003b5578?OpenDocument

"The Government notes that the independent Commission is unable to
 provide sufficient positive assurance, in the time available, in
 relation to using the chosen system of electronic voting at the June
 elections.  The Government has decided that the electronic voting
 system will not be used at the June polls.  These will be conducted in
 all constituencies on the basis of the traditional paper ballot."

--
Ciarán O'Riordan
http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/