[Fsfe-ie] IFSO meeting *TODAY* Mahaffey's 2000h

Ben North ben at redfrontdoor.org
Tue Aug 17 14:35:50 CEST 2004

Quoting Malcolm Tyrrell:
> [...] the meeting is TODAY: The third Tuesday of the month.

I'm afraid I can't make this evening's meeting, but there are a couple
of points I'd like to raise:

* If our finances are in a reasonable state, I have a couple of
  suggestions:

  * Ciaran has been hampered by not having a printer --- should IFSO
    provide one?

  * How much was the P.O. Box?  I was looking over the letterhead and I
    think it would give a much better impression of a Real Organisation
    if we could put a permanent postal address on it somewhere.  I seem
    to recall it was not cheap, but I think it's important and would
    help our comments to politicians, civil servants, etc. be taken
    seriously.

* I had a couple of other suggestions about the letter style too:  (I'm
  not pretending to be a graphic designer so feel free to ignore me.)

  * Remove the rules and replace with a bit more space.

  * For second and subsequent pages: maybe remove everything at the top,
    and just have a footer.

  * Always put the subject bold, centred.  (Don't treat open and "to
    somebody in particular" letters differently.)

  * For the footer: postal address, officers' names, web address
    arranged somehow in two lines, quite small, all caps?  Same for
    initial page and subsequent pages.

  * Then there's no "from address" at the top right.

  I roughed out a couple of these and can work on it more if that would
  be helpful.  I like it overall.

Ben.