[Fsfe-ie] Re: [ox-en] Ethics / Practice WAS Germ of a new form of society

Adam Moran adam at diamat.org.uk
Fri Feb 6 02:39:47 CET 2004

Hola ...

[ Massive snip over multiple threads on Oekonox since Niall and I went
off for counseling after we nearly flamed on IFSO [1]]

Benj. Mako Hill wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 02:04:11PM -0000, Niall Douglas wrote:

>>Software must be freed for the good of mankind.
>

> Amen.

I think we would now extend this further to include women also; come on
lads you need to clean up your language ! [2]

... And we now further this movement:

Niall wrote:

  I wrote:

>>  What are the boundaries of the ecosystem in your mind ?
>

> None. Just lots of ecosystems inside ecosystems within other
> ecosystems which is as the universe is: fully recursive.
>

>>> ... and another ...
>>>
>>>   What are the boundaries of the ecosystem in my mind ?
>

> Also none. Indeed my mind and your mind are inextricably linked and
> the same, but also totally separate and different. The inevitable
> consequence of recursion :)

Strange I got there via metaphysics and Niall got there via programming
lingo ? Would you have thought that at all, at all ?

(inextricable and explicable ... we read the same thoughts and work on
the same jobs.)

Hope this helps.

--
Adam M

P.S. Sorry Mel to "bury you in a 'digest' edition" at the time of [1].

[1] http://mail.fsfeurope.org/pipermail/fsfe-ie/2003-September/000252.html
Ciaran thanks for your good wishes off-list; it was the straw that broke
the camel's back re: shedding the rest of my copy-right - I never did
feel easy about owning stuff I hadn't written - mindst ya, I'm going to
flog it to who evers got the cash on the way out - Mother of Perl, I
wouldn't trade you for the whole world :)
[2]
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=clean+language&btnG=Google+Search