[Fsfe-ie] IFSO logo suggestions

Ben North ben at redfrontdoor.org
Tue Feb 24 16:38:25 CET 2004

Quoting Cathal Mc Ginley <cathalmcginley at eircom.net>:
> http://homepage.eircom.net/~cathalmcginley/logos.html

At the risk of lowering the tone of this discussion, I must confess that
the "gnu playing harp" logo reminded me of this recent news item:

http://ad-rag.com/105949.php

OK, to make a constructive comment too:

My initial thoughts were that Cathal's second logo (the celtic lettering
with raised 'F') was the most pleasing, but the brush-strokes one is
definitely growing on me.  Could we put the "Irish Free Software
Organisation" lettering in some modern all-caps font?  Would it make the
whole thing too tall if we wrote it in two lines underneath the "ifso",
taking the full width?  Hmm.  I'm no graphic designer and trying to
describe this in text is non-optimal.  Maybe I'll break out a pen and
have a quick play.

Ben.