[Fsfe-ie] Congrats on site and some materials

Alan T. at at kein.org
Mon Jan 5 15:09:00 CET 2004

Hi,

Great work on the site :)

I'm not living in Ireland much in the last years but work a lot on
patent and copyright questions, formerly at the Information Law
Institute in NYU and now in an adhoc research cabal in search of a
name. Most recently we worked on a campaign called We Seize! around the
World Summit on the Information Society.

http://hubproject.org
http://www.geneva03.net

Anyway, practically I'm writing for two reasons. The first is that I'll
be doing a lot of research work on the IP enforcement drive in the next
months and would like to contribute to IFSO's work on that. Perhaps
Teresa remembers me as we met in September.

Secondly I have about 40 copies of a newsprint tabloid produced for the
WSIS concentrating on IP issues called world information. I think it's
useful as the articles are concise and to the point. You can see the
PDF version here:
http://www.t0.or.at/wio/wsis/wio_wsis_web.pdf

So I don't know if there is a plan to celebrate the birth of the site
and twenty years of GNU, but I'd be glad to have chance to hand over
the goods and enjoy a natter. I'll be here until next week.

cheers,

a.