[Fsfe-ie] Open letter to Mary Harney?

teresahackett at eircom.net teresahackett at eircom.net
Sat Jan 10 19:24:48 CET 2004

Great. How about we make it an open letter to Mary Harney, publish on website and distribute widely. I've been contacted by a journalist, would be handy for this. It should go the members of the competetiveness council, COREPER IP working group, Parliament, ENTEMP, etc. If anyone has up-to-date lists, please let me know. COREPER are discussing latest Council draft on Tues. It is bad: scope has been widened, patents are back in and criminal sanctions remain. The worst of all worlds. If anyone would like a copy, let me know.
According to the Irish presidency programme, there's a tbc conference on copyright in 21/22 June in Dublin organised by ENTEMP. Usually, the Commission organise a big copyright conference every two years in the presidency country,  but I heard they weren't doing it anymore because it cost too much. High level, invite only, rightholder dominated. Last one was in Spain http://europa.eu.int/comm/internal_market/en/intprop/news/index.htm. I'll try to find out more.

Teresa

Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:
> I'm drafting a letter for her and her associates at the >moment.  I've only just started, but I'll post what I >have mid-saturday. Given the buzzwordiness >of "competitiveness" at the moment, I'll highlight the >need for software to be interoperable for it to be >competitive.

Teresa Hackett
114 Cedar House
Mespil Estate, Sussex Road
Dublin 4, Ireland
Email: teresahackett at eircom.net
Dutch Mobile: +316 523 63486 (until 19.3.2004)
NEW! Irish Mobile +353 87 6253768