[Fsfe-ie] Opportunity to question MEP candidates

Malcolm Tyrrell malcohol at eircom.net
Sun Jun 6 17:38:55 CEST 2004

> On Tuesday, there will be a live broadcast from the Royal College of
> Surgeons with the Dublin candidates. Arrive by 21.30. An opportunity to
> raise any issues...

Yes. I guess we should send someone along. I'm willing to go.  If the
opportunity arises, we should have a specific question prepared.  Off
the top of my head, something like:

  There is a proposed EU directive at the moment that would allow
  software to be patented.  Are the candidates aware of the large scale
  opposition to this move and do the candidates agree that allowing
  software patents will expose software developers to more litigation,
  thereby harming software innovation in Europe?

Please suggest alternatives!

Malcohol.