[Fsfe-ie] could IFSO host a talk by RMS?

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Tue May 4 11:05:54 CEST 2004

mmcweeney writes:
> Did I hear something about a 'speakers corner' in Temple Bar.  I don't know
> how it works, it is perfect, or would it be demeaning.  I think it operates
> at weekends (when I'm not in Dublin).

It'd be a worthy method for someone to promote his talk (volunteers?),
but I wouldn't ask him to speak there.  (I've never heard of this Dublin
speakers corner thing)

> said that, Trinity should also be able to oblige -they did GuaDec.

It'd be great to have him in trinity but one TCD response I've gotten so
far said that trinty close at 1200h or 1300h on Saturdays, and they
don't open on Sundays.

The only dates he's mentioned as being free so far are the 22nd and 23rd
which are a Sat & Sun, so that'd be trinity out of the question.  Guadec
was held on a Mon, Tue, Wed.

UCD seems to be the next best option.  Can anyone think any city centre
venues I'm overlooking?

--
Ciarán O'Riordan
http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/