[Fsfe-ie] new plan: can IFSO host TWO talks by RMS?

David Cathcart david at cathcart.cx
Wed May 5 12:26:21 CEST 2004

There may be some odd rules regarding outside organisations chargeing at
events hosted in the college. I checked that you're allowed to sign up
members. I believe we can charge non-netsoc members at the door for a
"social membership", this is usually done at the door. The event is
currently costing netsoc nothing so if the ifso wishes to rais some
money we can go down the route of chargeing a euro or two for non-netsoc
members and donateing this to the ifso for supplying the speaker. Or we
can simply ask computer science to fund it.

I would ask that when it is promoted both Netsoc and Ifso be given an
equal footing (as in event "hosted by IFSO and Netsoc/Netsoc and
IFSO/IFSO in association with Netsoc"), again this is pre-empting odd
college regulations.

Ciaran mentioned that posters might be made, Netsoc will do this anyway
if someone else dosent do it. If you are makeing a poster and mentioning
Netsoc, please e-mail me about about our logo.

David