[Fsfe-ie] new plan: can IFSO host TWO talks by RMS?

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Wed May 5 21:32:10 CEST 2004

> > The only expenses that need to be covered are the cost of the venue(s) -
> > so that'll be between UCD Netsoc and MiNDS> to sort out.

> I don't understand. Won't he need 2 nights in a hotel + expenses
> e.g. Aircoach, meals, taxis (or can someone ferry him to the venues, etc.)
> As good hosts ;-)

He can sleep on my couch, I'll feed him on a sugar+milk solution, and if we
leave 3 hours before each talk we can get there by foot - that way he can
see a bit of the city.  If he questions our hospitality I'll take away his
sugar-milk.  Lastly, I'll stand over his shoulder while he sends some emails
to others saying what a great time he's having with IFSO.

ok, a serious answer:

> we will need to take him out to dinner. Aren't we
> looking at 250-300 Euro?

It'll be more than that, but I'm just going to cover it myself so that
everything stays dead simple.

I'm not extending this offer to everyone y'know ;) and this won't happen
again for a few years.

A venue is beyond by ability and means though, so we need a *Soc favour for
that.

--
Ciarán O'Riordan
http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/