[Fsfe-ie] press releases

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Thu May 6 21:27:16 CEST 2004

Fergal Daly <fergal at esatclear.ie> writes:
> I think it's time IFSO started doing press releases.

You're right.

For the last 2-3 meetings, one thing on the agenda was to sort out some way
of sending out letters "as IFSO".  Press releases in essence, but we still
called them letters.  For some reason this topic never gets sorted out.

As a real quick fix, I suggest that anything with the go-ahead from two
committee members should be permitted to be sent "as IFSO". (yay/nay?)

There's a balance to be struck between speed and correctness/review.

but equally important is that people should still send stuff as themself -
like Ians letter to Morning Ireland.  IFSO should be able to add weight to
an issue, but the existence of IFSO shouldn't stop others from doing stuff.

--
Ciarán O'Riordan
http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/