[Fsfe-ie] IFSO was in the Sunday Tribune

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at member.fsf.org
Tue May 18 18:28:48 CEST 2004

Ian Clarke <ian at locut.us> writes:
> Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:
> > If anyone got the Sunday Tribune this week, they printed an article I
> > wrote about software patents

> Assuming you placed the article under the FDL or another free license,
> can you put it up online somewhere?

(I replied to Ian about this yesterday before realising it was sent to the
list.)

In a rush, I never asked the journo about copyright and republishing etc.

I never singed away my copyrights, and I wasn't paid so I don't see any
implied copyright transfer - so I guess I still hold copyrights to my copy
of my article.

I'll mail the journo about this to confirm - but I think the custom/courtesy
is to wait ~10 days before republishing articles elsewhere, which is okay
with me.  Just another thing to be aware of next time I guess.

--
Ciarán O'Riordan
http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/