[Fsfe-ie] Flyers to hand out at Stallman's talks ?

David O'Callaghan david.ocallaghan at cs.tcd.ie
Thu May 20 10:23:20 CEST 2004

Hi All,

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 20:53, James Heald wrote:
> Is IFSO planning any leaflets on swpat to hand out at RMS's talk ?

I would be interested to know if there is a software patents leaflet out
there somewhere that we could use as the basis for this. As far as I'm
concerned it doesn't *have* to be right up-to-date on EU matters: I
don't expect people hearing the issues for the first time to go straight
to their MEPs.

Also, I notice that here in the TCD Computer Science dept there is some
sort of seminar for the Dublin Business Innovation Centre
(http://www.dbic.ie/) today. They don't appear to be overtly pro
software patents (http://www.dbic.ie/adviceip.htm) but it would be nice
to leave some strategically-placed information leaflets.

I'm happy to help with drafting, but I'd like a starting point, if
someone can point one out to me.

David