[Fsfe-ie] Invitations

Fergal Daly fergal at esatclear.ie
Fri May 21 16:19:50 CEST 2004

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 03:04:32PM +0100, Malcolm Tyrrell wrote:
> Hi.
>
> > Perhaps I have misunderstood something, but I got the
> > impression that only IFSO committee members could invite
> > people in IFSO's name.
>
> I guess that is necessary for quality control.
> Nevertheless, people could certainly "recommend" that they
> came.

Has anyone asked Gay Mitchell? He's the chair of the Oirechtas EU committee

http://www.irlgov.ie/oireachtas/Committees-29th-D%E1il/EuropeanAffairs.htm

he is running for Europe and currently supports the govt's position

http://kwiki.ffii.org/Dail0405En

If the committee are too busy to invite key people then they should ask for
help. I assumed that the invites were going out after they were discussed on
Tuesday night (and even that seemed quite late),