[Fsfe-ie] New Commissioners on Software Patents

Teresa Hackett teresahackett at eircom.net
Wed Oct 13 23:20:39 CEST 2004

The Commission issue an opinion on the EP amendments - not sure this has
been published yet - the Commission are still part of the process albeit
more in the background.
Naas Chamber of Commerce had breakfast with Charlie McCreevy on Monday
http://www.chambersireland.ie/index.asp?locID=20&docID=-1

Two little corrections to swpats page:

1. Current Status "It appears the directive will return to Comreg for
further discussion..." Shouldn't this be the Council?
2. In Quick History, the link from the directive seems to have gone astray
and landed on "Community programmes in training, youth and education:
participation of Hungary".

Teresa

I'm not clear on what power the commission has now that the Patent directive
is with the Council and Parliament. Perhaps we should consider a McCreevy
letter as well?

Malcolm.

P.S. I got those links from:

http://kwiki.ffii.org/SwpatcninoEn