[Fsfe-ie] EU DRM consultation and software patent status

Malcolm Tyrrell malcohol at eircom.net
Thu Sep 9 14:21:08 CEST 2004

> So that probably means sending a letter to Mary Hanafin, Mary Harney,
> Noel Dempsey, and Entemp. I'll work on this (have to finish an
> already written > letter - no idea what the deadline is, *all* EU
> documents are greatly delayed due to a shortage of legal translators
> for the new members states)

Ciaran, it might be better if you send what you've written already to the
list for comment. There's no point in polishing it if there are going to
be changes. Also, if you don't have time to finish it, we might be able
to.

As Ryan points out, we'll have to wait until after the reshuffle to find
out who to lobby.

> Malcolm, he's organising t-shirts last I heard.

The next IFSO meeting is on Tuesday 21st September (Mahaffey's pub,
2000h). They should be ready by then. I was planning to start planning
some kind of promotional event, but I think we should focus our energies
on the patents issue. I took another amble round the ffii website,
and now I am filled with motivation (and anger).

> I'll post my number to the list soon after.

I will not be posting my number, but people can e-mail me if they need
it.

Malcohol.