[Fsfe-ie] EU DRM consultation and software patent status

Malcolm Tyrrell malcohol at eircom.net
Fri Sep 10 11:17:38 CEST 2004

> According to the latest edri-gram (see below-www.edri.org), you have
> until 24.9.2004 to do your national lobbying, as that's when the Council
> is expected to vote. Then it will return to the Parliament for a second
> reading, but it will be much harder to overturn it there.

The following page seems to be directing the ffii letter sending action:

http://kwiki.ffii.org/LtrConsSend0406En

They suggest that individuals post the "Urgent Call Document" with a brief
cover letter. The Urgent Call Document is here:

http://swpat.ffii.org/letters/cons0406/LtrConsMinim0406.en.pdf

Whatever individual action people take, I think we should still write
an official IFSO letter.

Now, although the Council is voting on the 24th, we can't rely on a minister
reading a letter that only arrives on the 22nd or 23rd. So we need to act as
soon as possible. Ciaran, will you have your letter ready by early next
week? If not, please post what you have to the list.

There are some templates for letters on the FFII website:

http://kwiki.ffii.org/index.cgi?SwpatxatraEn

Good luck,

Malcohol.